Accepting this Acknowledgement of Risk in no way compromises your legal rights, nor does it release Experience Ardèche from any of its obligations towards you. We have taken all reasonable steps to provide you with the level of care and assurances of safety appropriate to these activities. All our guides are fully qualified for the activity they provide (and for the environment in which they occur) and will provide you with safety instructions at appropriate times. However, you should be aware that certain inherent risks remain which are integral to the activity, and which cannot be eliminated without destroying their unique character.
I recognise the element of risk in canoeing or any adventure, sport or activity associated with the outdoors. I am fully aware of the risks and dangers inherent in these activities such as (but not exclusive to);
- Acts or omissions by yourself or other participants (on or around the activity) e.g. not wearing your buoyancy aid on the river or skimming stones without looking to see if people are in range etc.
- Weather conditions
- Contact with plants and/or animals
- The condition of roads, trails, cliffs, beaches, canyons, rivers
- The consumption of food or drink (incl. alcohol)
Knowing the risks and dangers, I understand the possible consequences of participating in such activities are as follows;
- Property damage
- Feelings of discomfort, fear and apprehension
- Physical injury
- Illness or disease