The following Terms & Conditions of Booking form the basis of your contract with ‘Experience Ardeche Ltd‘ (Company registered in England and Wales, number 9573940. Registered office – 250 Humberstone Road, Leicester LE5 0EG). References to ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’ within these Terms and Conditions refer to Experience Ardeche Ltd.
All bookings are subject to these Conditions of Bookings.
Please note that the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) currently advises against all but essential travel to a number of overseas destinations. However, many of these destinations remain open and welcoming to UK tourists and flights to and from these destinations continue to operate. Whilst holiday destinations remain open to UK tourists, flights continue to operate and holiday services can be performed, we will continue to offer holidays to our customers who wish to travel.
If you book a holiday with us during the Covid-19 pandemic, you confirm that you have checked, understand and accept the FCDO travel advice relating to your chosen destination, including where there may be a requirement on you to quarantine upon your return to the UK (or in destination), and understand and accept that there is a heightened risk of travelling during the Covid-19 pandemic, beyond that associated with travel during ordinary times. You are also required to purchase a specialist travel insurance which includes certain cover for Covid-19.
You must purchase specialist travel insurance policy available which includes specific cover for Covid-19 related issues and incidents which may affect your travel arrangements [and travelling to a destination subject to a FCDO advisory against travel].
It remains your responsibility to read and understand the insurance policy and ensure that it is suitable and adequate for your particular needs. Please read your policy details carefully and take them with you on holiday. If you choose to travel without adequate insurance cover, we will not be liable for any losses suffered by you in respect of which insurance cover would otherwise have been available.
Where you are choosing to travel to a destination subject to the FCDO advisory against non-essential travel, you accept that once your booking has been confirmed, if you decide not to travel due to the FCDO advisory, you will have to pay our standard cancellation charges as shown in clause 12 of these booking conditions – you are not entitled to cancel and receive a full refund in these circumstances, as it is assumed and you confirm that you have made your booking with full knowledge of the FCDO advisory against non-essential travel.
Where your chosen destination is exempt from the FCDO advisory against non-essential travel at the time of booking but is subsequently removed from the FCDO exemption list and at that point becomes subject to the FCDO advisory against non-essential travel, you accept that you will not have the right to cancel your booking and receive a full refund. If you choose to no longer travel in these circumstances, you will have to pay our standard cancellation charges as shown in clause 12 of these booking conditions, as you made your booking with full knowledge of the risks of travelling during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Please note that we will have no liability for any refunds, compensation, costs, expenses or other losses of any kind incurred by you (including, where applicable, the cost of medical treatment), in the following circumstances:
If you, or anyone in your booking party, test positive for Covid-19, or are notified or otherwise become aware that you have, or suspect you may have, come into close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 (or where they otherwise suspect they may have Covid-19) and have to self-isolate for a period of time.
If this happens within 14 days of your departure date, you must contact us immediately as you may no longer be able to travel. We will offer you the following options where possible and subject to availability:
- Postponing your holiday to a later date. We will notify you of any impact on the price the postponement may have (please note that you may have to pay full cancellation charges on some elements of your holiday, such as accommodation, as well any increase in cost imposed by suppliers)
- If not everyone on the booking is affected, you will have the right to transfer your place on the holiday to another person nominated by you, subject always to compliance with the requirements within our booking conditions
- Cancelling your booking, in which case we will impose our standard cancellation charges as at the date of cancellation by you. You may be able to claim these costs back from your travel insurance – please check your policy wording
If this happens whilst you are on your holiday, please notify us immediately and we will provide such reasonable assistance as we can in the circumstances. However, we will not be responsible for covering the cost of any curtailment of your holiday, missed transport arrangements, additional accommodation required, or other associated costs incurred by you. Your travel insurance may cover some of these costs for you – please check the policy wording.
If you, or anyone in your booking party fail any tests, checks or other measures imposed by a supplier, airline, port or airport, border control authority or other government body or local authority or fail to submit for testing or assessment when requested to do so, and as such you are denied boarding, entry to the destination, access to the travel services or you are otherwise unable to proceed with your holiday, or any part of the holiday, or you are required to self-isolate within the destination.
Your travel insurance may cover some of these costs for you – please check the policy wording.
You acknowledge that the suppliers providing your holiday will need to comply with national and/or local guidance and requirements relating to Covid-19 and have implemented certain measures as a result. This will likely include specific requirements regarding personal protective equipment, such as use of face-masks by staff (and you may be required to wear a face-mask as well), social distancing, maximum number restrictions on the use of certain facilities, designated alternative entrance and exit routes, mandatory hand sanitisation, limited entertainment options and limited food/drink availability and temperature testing. We do not expect these measures to have a significant impact on your enjoyment of your holiday and all measures will be taken with the purpose of securing your safety and those around you.
Standard Terms and Conditions
- Once it has confirmed your booking, Experience Ardeche Ltd will accept responsibility for your holiday in accordance with these conditions of booking under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018. A ‘Package holiday’ is a combination of at least two out of: a) transport, b) accommodation or c) other tourist services (not ancillary to any transport or accommodation and forming a significant part of the arrangements) when booked through Experience Ardeche Ltd, at the same time, for which payment is made to Experience Ardeche Ltd, and which lasts at least 24 hours or includes overnight accommodation.
- To confirm your booking you are required to pay a non-refundable deposit of 20% of the total booking price. Payment of the balance is due no later than 8 weeks (56 days) prior to departure. Bookings made within 8 weeks of departure require full payment. Any balance due that is not received by us within the timescale specified may result in the holiday arrangements being liable to cancellation by Experience Ardeche Ltd and subject to the charges as set out in Clause 12.
- A binding contract between you and Experience Ardeche Ltd comes into existence when either Experience Ardeche Ltd dispatches its booking confirmation or, for online bookings, when the applicable payment (deposit or full) has been made and a confirmation e-mail sent. The contract and all matters arising out of it are governed by English Law.
- All packages are subject to availability and are not always available during busy periods such as School Holidays or Christmas and New Year. Packages may be withdrawn at any time.
- The lead passenger must be authorised to make the booking on the basis of these Conditions of Booking by all persons named on the booking and by their parent or guardian for all party members who are under 18 when the booking is made. The lead passenger is responsible for making all payments due to Experience Ardeche Ltd. The party leader must be 18 or over when the booking is made.
- When you book online at www.experienceardeche.com, at the end of the booking process you are asked to confirm that you have read and agreed with these Conditions of Booking. If booking by telephone or any other communication channel, Experience Ardeche Ltd will, subject to availability, confirm your holiday by issuing a booking confirmation. Please check any documentation carefully as soon as you receive it. You should contact Experience Ardeche Ltd immediately if any information which appears on the confirmation or any other document appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later. Experience Ardeche Ltd regrets that it cannot accept any liability if it is not notified of any inaccuracies in any document within ten days of posting.
- Experience Ardeche Ltd reserves the right to increase or decrease the prices of unsold holidays at any time. The price of your chosen break will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- The information and prices quoted to you from the Experience Ardeche Ltd website – www.experienceardeche.com and any printed brochures may have changed by the time you come to book your package. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the quotation or brochure and prices at the time of printing, regrettably changes and errors do occasionally occur. You must therefore ensure you check all details of your chosen package (including the price) with Experience Ardeche Ltd at the time of booking.
- Should you wish to make any changes to your confirmed booking, you must notify Experience Ardeche Ltd (by post, telephone or email) as soon as possible. Whilst Experience Ardeche Ltd will endeavour to assist, it cannot guarantee that it will be able to meet any such requests. Where Experience Ardeche Ltd can assist, an amendment fee of £10 per person per amendment (unless it is to increase the value of the booking) will be payable together with any costs incurred by Experience Ardeche Ltd and any costs or charges incurred or imposed by any of its suppliers.
- If you cannot use the package due to circumstances beyond your control, such as jury service, you may transfer the booking to a person who satisfies all the conditions applicable to the package, provided you give Experience Ardeche Ltd reasonable notice of your intention to transfer before the date when departure is due to take place. The amendment fee specified in Clause 9 will be applicable.
- If less than three people are booked on any one trip, within 28 days of departure, Experience Ardeche Ltd reserve the right to cancel the holiday. In this event, customers will be informed as soon as possible and all steps will be taken to offer customers alternative arrangements or a full refund will be given.
- Should you or any member of your party need to cancel your booking once it has been confirmed, the lead passenger on your booking must immediately advise Experience Ardeche Ltd (by post or email). Cancellations made directly with the hotel will not be considered acceptable. The following cancellation charges will be payable. Where the cancellation charge is shown as a percentage, this is calculated on the basis of the total cost payable by the person(s) cancelling.
Period before departure within which written notification of cancellation is received by Experience Ardeche Ltd.
Cancellation charge per person cancelling More than 56 days Loss of deposit only 28-56 days 30% of total booking price 15-27 days 50% of total booking price 7-14 days 70% of total booking price 0-6 days 100% of total booking price
Depending on the reason for your cancellation, you may be able to reclaim these charges under the terms of your travel insurance policy. Claims must be made directly to the insurance company concerned.
- We are covered by Public Liability insurance. It is however a condition of booking that you hold adequate Travel Insurance (valid at time of travel) which provides curtailment; cancellation; and repatriation cover as well as cover for the activities included as part of your holiday. Experience Ardeche Ltd can in no way be held liable in the event that your cover is not sufficient. Please note that many policies (including annual policies) do not offer cover for some of the activities that you may take part in during your holiday. Please read any policy carefully and take them with you on holiday.
- You will receive Fidelity Insurance cover referred to as ‘The Safe Seat Plan’ as part of your booking. This ensures that all payments made by you are safely protected and available for the services which you have booked. We do not charge for this service.
- Occasionally, Experience Ardeche Ltd may be obliged to make changes to the advertised package both before and/or after bookings have been confirmed or to cancel confirmed bookings and it must reserve the right to do so.
- Occasionally Experience Ardeche Ltd has to make a “significant alteration” before departure, such as a change of accommodation to that of a lower or higher official classification or standard for the whole or a major part of the time you are away. If Experience Ardeche Ltd has to make a significant alteration or cancel your package, it will tell you as soon as possible. If there is time to do so before departure, Experience Ardeche Ltd will offer you the choice of the following options:
i) Accepting the changed arrangements or,
ii) Transferring to an alternative holiday offered by Experience Ardeche Ltd or,
iii) Receive a full refund of all monies you have paid to Experience Ardeche Ltd.
- No liability beyond offering the above mentioned choices can be accepted where Experience Ardeche Ltd is forced to make a change or cancel as a result of unusual and unforeseeable events beyond our control*, the consequences of which it could not have avoided even with all due care.
- The above options (Clause 16 i,ii,iii) will not be available if Experience Ardeche Ltd cancels as a result of your failure to comply with any requirement of these booking conditions entitling Experience Ardeche Ltd to cancel (such as paying on time).
- In all cases, Experience Ardeche Ltd’s liability for significant changes and cancellations is limited to offering you the above mentioned options (Clause 16). We regret we cannot pay any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation.
- Experience Ardeche Ltd cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of the contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which your accommodation provider or any other supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised in the Experience Ardeche Ltd publicity material and where Experience Ardeche Ltd has not agreed to arrange them.
- Where any claim or part of a claim concerns or is based on any stay in any accommodation, the maximum amount of compensation Experience Ardeche Ltd will have to pay you will be limited. The most Experience Ardeche Ltd will have to pay you for that claim, or that part of a claim, if it is found liable to you on any basis, is the most the accommodation provider concerned would have to pay under the international convention which applies to the accommodation stay in question. When making any payment, Experience Ardeche Ltd is entitled to deduct any money which you have received or are entitled to receive from the accommodation provider for the complaint or claim in question.
- In the event of a complaint, you must provide Experience Ardeche Ltd and its insurers with all assistance it may reasonably require. You must also tell Experience Ardeche Ltd and the supplier concerned about your claim or complaint as set out in Clause 23 below. If asked to do so, you must transfer to Experience Ardeche Ltd or its insurers any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to cooperate fully with Experience Ardeche Ltd and its insurers if Experience Ardeche Ltd and its insurers want to enforce any rights which are transferred.
- The accommodation and activity providers used by Experience Ardeche Ltd have been assessed by the management of Experience Ardeche Ltd. However, in the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your accommodation or other aspect of the package whilst away, you must immediately inform the supplier of the service(s) in question and our local representative at the time. Any notification must be put in writing and given to the supplier as soon as possible in order for the supplier to have an opportunity to rectify the problem during your stay. If you are still dissatisfied, you must notify Experience Ardeche Ltd at the earliest opportunity. Until Experience Ardeche Ltd knows about a problem or complaint, it cannot begin to resolve it. If you remain dissatisfied, however, you must write to the Managing Director of Experience Ardeche Ltd within 28 days of the end of the your package break giving full details of your complaint. For all complaints and claims which do not involve death, personal injury or illness, Experience Ardeche Ltd regrets that it cannot accept liability if you fail to notify the complaint or claim entirely in accordance with this clause.
- Experience Ardeche Ltd reserves the right to exclude from activities or (if necessary) the remainder of the holiday, including any accommodation, any person(s) whose behaviour causes or is likely to cause danger, upset or distress to themselves or others, damage to property or is deemed inappropriate.We will have no further responsibility towards such person(s) including any return travel arrangements. No refunds will be made and we will not pay any expenses or cost incurred as a result of the exclusion from the activity concerned or from the termination of the holiday.
- When you book with Experience Ardeche Ltd, you accept that you have read and agreed to the Acknowledgement of Risk and accept responsibility for any damage or loss to property caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be paid direct at the time to the accommodation owner or manager or other supplier. If you fail to do so, you will be responsible for meeting any claims subsequently made against Experience Ardeche Ltd (together with its own and the other party’s full legal costs) as a result of your actions.
- Many of the services which make up your package are provided by independent suppliers (for example, accommodation providers). Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier’s liability to you. Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from the supplier concerned.
- If you have any special request, or a medical problem or disability which may affect your holiday, you must advise Experience Ardeche Ltd at the time of booking. Although it will endeavour to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant supplier, Experience Ardeche Ltd regrets that it cannot guarantee any request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on the part of Experience Ardeche Ltd. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
- In order to take part in sporting activities, all persons should be in good health and possess a basic level of fitness. For water-based activities, it is also necessary to be able to swim 25m and be comfortable and confident in the water. You must advise us prior to travel of any disability, medical or behavioural problems experienced by any member of your party (including yourself) which may affect that person or any other guests on the holiday. If we reasonably feel that we are unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, Experience Ardeche Ltd reserves the right to decline their reservation or if full details were not provided at time of booking, cancel when we become aware of these details.
- A full British passport takes approximately 4 weeks to obtain. If you or any member of your party that is 16 or over has not already got a passport, we recommend that you apply for one at least 6 weeks prior to departure. Information on health is contained within the Department for Health leaflet T6 (Health advice for Travellers) and is available from your local Department of Health and most Post Offices. It is your responsibility to take any necessary precautions/ action that are recommended by this document. You should also obtain an EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) prior to travel which replaced the old E111 forms since Jan 2006.
In these booking conditions, “Events Beyond Our Control” means a situation which is beyond our or the supplier’s control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Such situations are likely to include, whether actual or threatened, war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, flood, epidemics and pandemics, fire, airport, port or airspace closures, restrictions or congestion, flight or entry restrictions imposed by any regulatory authority or other third party, an FCDO advisory against travel to a particular destination and any other government restrictions on travel. Except where otherwise stated in these booking conditions, we have no liability including for compensation, costs and expenses in such situations.